Our Journey Begins
12/19/17 we incorporated with the State Of Florida
- Name Your Organization Your organization’s name establishes its brand and is also important for incorporating with the state. The legal name of your nonprofit corporation may not conflict with any other organization registered in the state. Make sure the name is available and meets state requirements. Name Search:Florida Department of State – Division of Corporations Name search Suffix:Must contain the word “corporation” or “incorporated” or the abbreviation “corp.” or “inc.” or words or abbreviations of like import in language, as will clearly indicate that it is a corporation instead of a natural person, unincorporated association, or partnership. The name of the corporation may not contain the word “company” or its abbreviation “co.” 2016 FS §617.0401
Recruit Incorporators and Initial Directors The incorporator is the person who signs the Articles of Incorporation for your nonprofit. You will need at least one but can have more than one. Directors make up the governing body of your nonprofit corporation and are stakeholders in your organization’s purpose and success. You’ll want to identify three, unrelated individuals to meet IRS requirements. You will also want to be aware of any age or residency requirements. Florida director requirements:
- Number: minimum 3
- Qualifications: Natural person 18 years of age or older. One director may be 15 years of age or older if permitted by board of directors or bylaws. No residency requirement. No membership requirement.
- Term: 1 year
- Quorum: majority
- Committee: minimum 2 directors
- Florida officer requirements:
- Defined in articles or bylaws. One officer prepares minutes of the directors’ and members’ meetings and authenticates records of the corporation.
- Elected by board
- Term: 1 year
- Two or more offices may be held by the same individual.
- Appoint a Registered Agent A registered agent is responsible for receiving legal notices on behalf of your organization. The appointed registered agent must be physically located in the state and maintain an office that is open during regular business hours. As a nationwide registered agent, our service is designed to receive your legal documents and provide secure access to those documents through your online account. Our local Florida registered agent office is located in Tampa, FL. We offer registered agent service independently or as part of our nonprofit formation packages.
- Prepare and File Articles of Incorporation Your nonprofit’s articles of incorporation officially mark the creation of your organization. They document where and when the organization was formed and capture other information necessary to verify its existence. While requirements for language vary from state-to-state, there are some basic provisions that the IRS will look for when you apply for 501(c)(3) exemption. It is important to customize the articles for your organization and make sure you meet the state and IRS requirements. Meeting these requirements from the start will help avoid having to make amendments later or risk getting your 501(c)(3) application rejected. Some states will also require you to publish your articles of incorporation, so be mindful of any deadlines and publishing instructions.
Obtain an Employer Identification Number (EIN)
THEN THE APPLICATION!
It is 12/21/2017 we are officially listed on SunBiz…
01/03/18 We were accepted as a Non-Profit!!
As of 8/01/18 we have been able to build the turtle house.
Stay Tuned for more!!!
We Adopt ~ Breed ~ Rescue ~ Transport ~ Rehabilitate
Crazy Critters Inc. is a Private Non-Profit, 501(c)3, Exotic Animal Rescue and Sanctuary. Our Wildlife Facility is located in Eustis, Florida. We provide permanent homes to over 200 animals including lizards, turtles, skinks, geckos, birds, and assorted wildlife. Crazy Critters Inc. was established to provide non-domestic, non-releasable animals with a safe and permanent home.
Mostly Tortoises and Turtles call Crazy Critters Inc. home. What makes us unique is that after adoption, Crazy Critters Inc. continues to share the lives of the pets on social media. Providing an additional continued connection. When an animal finds its way to Crazy Critters, it has found a forever home.
Everyone in our community benefits when donors put their funds together to help protect animals and our environment. And the fact that the animals can call this a forever home makes it that much better. Your monetary donations help provide veterinary care, food, and supplies to the animals in our care.
In keeping with our commitment to a quality life for the animals here at the sanctuary, we provide a diet created specifically for each animal’s needs, the best veterinary care, enrichment programs for the animals, and maintain their spacious, safe habitats.
Click DONATE to make a safe Paypal Transaction, of any amount. Every single dollar adds up! We will contact you by email to see how you would like your sponsorship recognized. We appreciate our community! We are always looking for corporate sponsors who believe in a mission such as ours