Animal Information

Class III Personal Use Permit

Sometimes it is easier not to do things. Like filing your Class III Personal Use Permit.

Have you always wanted to file for your Class III Permit? Whether or not you want to sell exotics you should! FWC has a completely free permit for the normal pet owner.

And for $50 you can do the exact same paperwork but request the Class III For Use and Sale.  This way you are in a great situation no matter the species you want to work with.

The forms look overwhelming.

But they are not. We promise!

It is basic information. Telling FWC what animals and where your animals are.
This is a free permit and we should all have one. Even as we consider the exotic pet purchase.

Why do they need to know this information?

I think it really comes down to so many things such as the issue of finding the owner of a pet that has gotten out in the neighborhood. As well as, if there is a disease outbreak so you can be informed if you have a certain species of animal.

Of course, checking on animal safety while doing cage inspections is a great thing. It could be a faulty cage or any other care information you are not aware of. FWC is an organization that is there to help our environment.

This is a video series that will help all of us understand line by line the application process for our Class III Permits.

You will find the following information on the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission website.

Let us know your ideas and comments below!